About the Semantic Web journal (by IOS Press)
The journal Semantic Web – Interoperability, Usability, Applicability (published and printed by IOS Press, ISSN: 1570-0844) brings together researchers from various fields which share the vision and need for more effective and meaningful ways to share information across agents and services on the future internet and elsewhere. As such, Semantic Web technologies shall support the seamless integration of data, on-the-fly composition and interoperation of Web services, as well as more intuitive search engines. The semantics – or meaning – of information, however, cannot be defined without a context, which makes personalization, trust, and provenance core topics for Semantic Web research. New retrieval paradigms, user interfaces, and visualization techniques have to unleash the power of the Semantic Web and at the same time hide its complexity from the user. Based on this vision, the journal welcomes contributions ranging from theoretical and foundational research over methods and tools to descriptions of concrete ontologies and applications in all areas. We especially welcome papers which add a social, spatial, and temporal dimension to Semantic Web research, as well as application-oriented papers making use of formal semantics.
The journal is peer-reviewed and will be published quarterly.
Suggestions for special issues are welcome.
For any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Editors-in-Chief.
IOS Press is a leading international publisher of scientific books and journals in many fields including computer & communications sciences and especially also the Semantic Web. Visit the Semantic Web Journal at IOS Press.
The Semantic Web Journal relies on an open and transparent review process. Submitted manuscripts are posted on the journal's website and are publicly available. In addition to solicited reviews selected by members of the editorial board, public reviews and comments are welcome by any researcher and can be uploaded using the journal website. All reviews and responses from the authors are posted on the journal homepage. All involved reviewers and editors will be acknowledged in the final printed version. While we strongly encourage reviewers to participate in the open and transparent review process it is still possible to submit anonymous reviews. See review process and FAQ for details before submitting a manuscript or a review.
Contact email: contact @ semantic-web-journal . net
- Pascal Hitzler, Kno.e.sis Center, Wright State University, Dayton, OH, USA
- Krzysztof Janowicz, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Harith Alani, The Open University, UK
- Claudia d’Amato, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy
- Sören Auer, Universität Leipzig, Germany
- Lora Aroyo, Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Boyan Brodaric, Geological Survey of Canada, Canada
- Philipp Cimiano, Universität Bielefeld, Germany
- Oscar Corcho, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Isabel Cruz, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Philippe Cudre-Mauroux, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Bernardo Cuenca-Grau, Oxford University, UK
- Michel Dumontier, Carleton University, Canada
- Jerome Euzenat, INRIA Grenoble Rhône-Alpes, France
- Mark Gahegan, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Aldo Gangemi, LIPN Université Paris13-CNRS-Sorbonne Cité, France and ISTC-CNR Roma, Italy
- Giancarlo Guizzardi, Federal University of Espírito Santo, Brazil
- Frank van Harmelen, VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Manfred Hauswirth, DERI, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Rinke Hoekstra, Universiteit van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Andreas Hotho, Universität Würzburg, Germany
- Eero Hyvönen, Aalto University, Finland
- Werner Kuhn, University of Muenster, Germany
- Jens Lehmann, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Thomas Lukasiewicz, Oxford University, UK
- Natasha Noy, Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford, CA, USA
- Axel Polleres, Siemens, Austria
- Marta Sabou, MODUL University Vienna, Austria
- Christoph Schlieder, University of Bamberg, Germany
- Jie Tang, Tsinghua University Beijing, China
- Denny Vrandecic, Wikimedia Deutschland e.V., Germany
- GQ Zhang, Case Western Reserve University, USA